Asian Zone Youth Champs
The original decision of the TBNZ Board was not to participate in the 2015 Asian Zone Youth Champs in Macau, China, from March 22-31.
However, subsequent to this decision, TBNZ received a request from Josh Stretton and Blake Brooks to compete in this event. TBNZ saw the benefit of the opportunity for continuous development for these athletes, hence the Board agreed to send a partial team and endorsed their participation.
Mark Stretton will be the coach and Kevin Brooks will be the Manager.
We wish Josh and Blake all the best in their endeavour in their pursuit of continuous development.
NZ Senior Team to World Champs
The following athletes have been selected for the 2015 Senior World Champs in Las Vegas, from August 23-30:
Ladies: Cushla Burns, Lynnaire Churchill, Janet Miklos, Wink Mustchin.
Men: Gregorio Nicolas, Roger Tucker, Terry Mustchin, Hamish McGrigor.
Team Coach: Adrian Judd.
Assistant Coach/Manager: Albert Saw.
More information can be found here.
Congratulations on your selection, we are sure you will do NZ proud.
2015 Senior Nationals
TBNZ, in association with Manukau Superstrike, is proud to present the 2015 TBNZ Senior National Championships. These will be held over Anzac weekend – April 24-27.
More information can be found on the Results website here.
Please note, all athletes competing in this event are required to submit payment for their entries in advance of the tournament, by the time entries close on Sunday April 19. Payment into the TBNZ bank account is strongly encouraged, details for doing this are on the entry form and rules documents.
The entry form is a ‘fillable’ PDF file, which can be completed electronically. Athletes should download this file to their PC and use a PDF reader to fill in and save the details, some browsers don’t allow filling forms on PDF files and others can be unreliable when saving changes.
Alternatively, athletes can also enter using the TBNZ Shop. This has changed from last year, as follows:
- Athletes can select a 2nd all-events grade without needing to add an additional all-events item to the cart.
- Athletes can also name their doubles/teams partners separately, and also indicate which of their partners they are paying for, without adding more items to the cart.
- In both of the above functions, the required all events/doubles/teams fees are added to the cart automatically.
However, submission of additional doubles/teams line-ups, or singles/all events entries for other athletes will require adding further items to the cart.
The ‘Cash on Arrival’ payment option has been disabled, due to payment being required in advance. Payment by credit card will occur additional fees, but the ‘bank deposit’ payment option is free, and instructions are given on what to put in the reference details.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
2015 Malaysian Open
All TBNZ members are cordially invited to attend the 2015 Malaysian Open, being held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, from April 29 - May 7.
Further info can be found at the links below. Any inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also bear in mind, any TBNZ members that attend will need to have their membership status verified by TBNZ.
Invitation Letter - Rules and Regulations - Entry Form - Prize List - Squad Times
2015 Rankings Policy
The TBNZ mgmt team has done some analysis of the National Rankings at the end of 2014. As a result of this analysis, and in consultation with the Board, we have made some changes to the Rankings System for 2015.
These changes are as follows:
- We have reinstated an entries multiplier on the amount of points awarded, which will kick in for each tournament division when more than 20 entries are received. The points will increase by 10% for more than 20 entries, 20% for more than 30 entries, and 30% for more than 40 entries.
- We will implement separate Graded Rankings, for Men and Ladies only. When competing in any Graded division, the points earned will count towards the Graded Rankings, but not the Open Rankings.
- These Graded Rankings will not be used for qualifying into the National Squad. You will still need to bowl at least 6 events, entering the Open divisions, to be eligible for selection into the National Squad.
- We have already announced that the NTC will be ranked, athletes will be awarded points as per their team's finishing position, on the Grade 2 scale. This will also apply to NSTC and NYTC.
- The Wayne MacDougall events will now be ranked as Grade 5, athletes will still be ranked by finishing position in the All Events. Each Wayne MacDougall event will continue to be treated as a separate event.
The 2015 policy can be found on the Policies page.
Due to these changes, we will publish rankings as of Jan 1 2015 shortly, which will allocate ranking points according to the new policy to performance in tournaments in 2014. There will be some changes to where athletes are positioned in these rankings.
However, qualification into the National Squad as at 31 Dec 2014 is not affected, as this was done by the 2014 policy, not the 2015 policy.
2015 Sponsor Centres
TBNZ is pleased to announce that the following centres have confirmed their sponsorship of TBNZ in 2015
Many thanks go to the 10 centres that have continued their sponsorship from previous years.
We are also very proud to welcome Bowlarama Palmerston North as a brand new sponsor centre for 2015.
2015 National Squad
The 2015 National Squad has been finalised, all athletes who have accepted their invitations are listed on the brand new National Squad page here. This is also available in the website quicklinks on the left.
This new page is fully interactive, with links to open each section of the squad individually, and clicking on each athlete's name or photo opens up a brief bio.
We also have listed the names of the squad management team, and the team selection panel, as well as links to important policies, and important dates. We will be adding updates to the list of dates and athlete bios as more information comes to hand and plans are finalised.
Congratulations to all athletes in the squad.